Monday, April 1, 2019

May Day Basket using Simply Crafty SVG's

Hello!  Well just a little over a month ago here in Oregon we were experiencing temps in the upper 20's and snow.  Mother nature is amazing.  Today the last day of March it was 71 and sunny.  The new bees are out and the jonquils are just about ready to bloom.  That means that May Day is just around the corner!  Do you know what May Day is all about?  Here is a great article about the origins and what May Day is now.

For this months post I am showing an example of a May Day Basket using the octagon box with handle.  Sandy Stark, the owner and the designer of Simply Crafty SVG's has designed a beautiful box pattern that is very easy to make.  It also has so many possibilities.  This is what I have created!

Here is my finished box.  I have used G45 papers exclusively for this octagon box.

Here is a close up of the tag.  All the papers and the sticker for the tag
 are in the Graphic 45 Bohemian Bazaar Collection.

The front of the box.  I had some very cute daisy trim and bright yellow
rick rack to add to the panels.

This is the back but looks exactly like the front.

This is the inside.  I love this paper.  Double sided with bright
happy colors are a winner in my book.

This is the bottom of the box.  I love how every piece of paper matches.

I had a ball making this octagon box.  I intend to make a few more and leave them on my neighbors door step on May Day.  Just a little neighborhood relations!

Thank you so much for stopping by.  So until next time, Bright Blessings,





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments. Thank you so much!