Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Penny's Challenge #492

 Hello wherever you are!  The sun is shining, birds are chirping and my hummers are humming!  Spring is just a few days away!  A hope for a better year is already here.  The state of Oregon has almost reached herd immunity concerning the Covid-19 virus.  Maybe some of the restrictions will be lifted.  Let's get this challenge moving!  But first lets see who our sponsors are.

Paper Nest Dolls Digi Stamps

Prize~ 3 images of the winners choice


https://www.stampersdelights.com

These two sponsors are really big in the challenge world.  Both are extremely generous in donating images and prizes.  So please friends go sprinkle some love to both!

Have you ever had a card that WILL NOT behave nicely?  I had a totally different idea for this card.  It was a slimline card and I was going to use the new dies I got specifically for that card.  NOPE!  I still used a new die but, well you take a look.


Here is the back of the envelope.  I know, funny 
place to start but look at the sticker.  It's a set that
I found thrifting created by Karen Foster.  

Here is a much closer look.  (might need to click
on the image to see it clearly)

So the thick card sticker comes off and here is the
start of my project.


I have used mostly American Crafts 12x12 paper.
The black is fine glitter paper.  Hearts are brads 
from way way back!

NEW die alert.  I love my new die set.  The back-
ground paper is a picture from a google search 
which I then printed out. Then I added more 
stickers from the Karen Foster set.

I love how this turned out.  I colored the image 
with Prismacolor Pencils.  Cut it out with my 24"
Silver Bullet Pro.  Stuck a ruler sticker on and this
project is in the books!  

Here is a larger picture of the image I colored. 
I paper pieced the sheet of paper in the cutter and
then stamped a happy birthday on it.

Alright lesson learned.  If a card has an idea on it's own I follow the card.  Actually I really like the way this card came out.  Bright and cheery.  

I will see you again in a fortnight for another Penny's Challenge.  Oh almost forgot, Happy Saint Patricks Day!

Be safe, stay healthy and brightest blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Jana, your blog posts are a joy to read! Mmm, you have me really curious about what 'your' card would have looked like! This turned out beautifully, so good choice to go with the flow. Love your envelope sticker! Your card is PERFECT for a fellow crafter, which is something to covet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card, Jana! I love the pretty new die, and those fabulous creative stickers! It looks like it was lots of fun to put together! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments. Thank you so much!