Monday, March 5, 2018

First Monday Project for Simply Crafty SVG's

Hello everyone!  I am so happy to be able to show you my project for March using Simply CraftySVG's beautiful pattern for a Dragon Fly Tealight Holder SVG file.

Now I have to confess, I am brand new to 3D SVG's.  I am a card maker for the last 5 years.  But I have wanted to give this a try for a long time now.  So just remember, I am going to make the mistakes first and tell you about it,  before you make the same mistake.  I hope to save you some heartache!

Now I just love this pattern.  It's pretty simple.  BUT I screwed it up anyway.  I believe that I have brought this pattern into Sure Cuts A Lot 4 (SCAL4) at the wrong size.  I didn't look at the printed very detailed instructions with the measurements at the top.  So, needless to say, my lantern went together just fine but it is certainly not the size it was supposed to be.

So here are this weeks colors (items used):

Recollections paper Orange
Bazil Bronze paper
Michaels Clear Vellum
Dollar Tree:  JOT paper foil & holographic foil
                      Gems
                      Tealights
3M ATG
Adhesive Tech fine line glue
Marvy Glue Tape MINI
Loctite Spray Adhesive


Silver Bullet 24" Pro Electronic cutter, Sure Cuts A Lot 4 (SCAL4) Cricut tools and finally needle nosed tweesers.

This post is really picture heavy, sorry everyone!


Here is how I start each project.  Making sure everything matches.




In the colors list are papers that I found at Dollar Tree.  They cut like butter.
Do not know if they still have them, but go look!  Oh they have glitter paper
also.

Cutting Dragonfly wings

All the pieces are cut out and ready to assemble


All the pic up until now are following the instructions.  The next pics I got creative.


multiple flowers cut to make them pop out.



Vellum attached to the back and put on the lantern sides

All put together time for the bottom



I used my ATG to put the bottom on.




Here is the beautiful Dragonfly Tea Light Lantern finished!

Hope that you enjoyed my project for March.  Now the next Simply Crafty SVG's post will be the first Monday in April.  That's my spot.   So for now, I wish you bright blessings and your best month ever!  
Love and Hugs, Jana





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments. Thank you so much!