Monday, April 6, 2020

First Monday in April!

It's my time to post.  Hello and welcome to my blog.  The other blog, Rhapsody on Paper is currently under construction.  It's been a while since it has been refreshed.  Make sure that you check out the Happy Thoughts Box on the top right corner.  It has a funny in it!

I picked a box svg pattern that Sandy has created.  It's called a Decagon Gift Box.  It is also on sale right now.  Since it is April it is time to make gift boxes for my besties Carolyn and Dolores.  This will be 43 years we have been celebrating our birthdays together.  I have made a yellow box for Carolyn and a blue box for Dolores.  What I am going to put in them I have no idea.  Maybe a mini spa day box?  Who knows.

So lets get to my project.  Now Sandy has an excellant tutorial video on the Simply Crafty SVGs website.  You can find the video with the Decagon Gift Box SVG File.  So I am not going to bore you with every step.  But I will show a couple of tips that I found that worked great.  Here we go!

See the orange strip across the top of the box band?  That is double sided tape
that fits perfectly.  So I laid down the tape and cut out the 'V".  

Picture with the 'V' of tape cut out.  Please follow Sandy's video.  When she
says to put the front pieces on when the box band is flat she means it.

This is what I am talking about.

Here is the completed box top.  I didn't think you needed to see how to
attach the top to the box band.

Just another view of the Decagon Gift Box Top.


Here is the blue top.


Here is the top with bow.
Another view.  Now all the papers are G45.  Main reason is because they
are very nicely double sided.  Really makes a pretty box.  For the blue box, I have
used the Flutter Collection set.  #4501770 Dazzling and #4501769 Serendipitous.
For the yelloe box I have used the Garden Goddess Collection.  #4501751
Sunlit Petals. Remeber the papers are two-sided.

Finished boxes



Inside


Inside lid.


Blue Box



I put a blue gems in the center.  The yellow gift box has a
yellow flower.

Inside of lid.

And the final product Decagon Gift Box.

That's it for this month.  I hope you have enjoyed the pictures.  Try the tape trick that I showed in the
first picture.  Really went well doing this.  What am I making for next month?  I have a feeling it will have to do with Mothers Day and Birthdays.

Bright Blessings, 




1 comment:

  1. The colors are so bright and cheerful! Thank you for sharing these beautiful boxes!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments. Thank you so much!