Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge #528

 Hello everyone!  Go grab your favorite beverage and lean back in your chair.  I have a mini tutorial for you this challenge.  But we have to start with our sponsors.


Prize~2 digi images of the winners choice


Prize~3 digi images of the winners choice

I have got to admit that I do have favorite sponsors.  These two are on that list.  Clean and very cute images to color and decorate with.  What more could you ask for?  Please go and throw some love their way!

On to my project.  I was assigned to work with SheepSki Designs.  I chose to work with Happy Birthday Image # 236.  Here is what I designed to show off this image.

Here is the finished product. Super simple card.  Used some 
nesting dies for the background.  Paper pieced the balloons.
The happy birthday paper I got at St. Vinnies thrift.  Here 
is how it came together.

I cut two sheets of bright red Neenah paper in half lengthwise.

This gives me (4) pieces 4.25" by 11.0"
I needed to add a hinge for my design.
I used (2) 1/2" x 4.25 pieces of background paper
I glued both hinge papers onto the 2 card layers using 1/8 in
peel and stick tape.
By now you have probably guessed I am making a giantic
easel card.  I folded in half one side of the card base.  Glued
one 4.25" by 11.0" onto the folded base.  Then decorated.
I used the smallest die from a slim line scalloped set and the
smallest rectangle stitched set.  Here is the final card.
The front
The inside
The easel card in all it's glory!

This card challenged my brain a bit. I have to say I love the result.  Is it large?  Yes.  Can I design an envelope for it?  Probably.  But not today.  Maybe down the road a bit.  My brain has froze.  So off to do some coloring for my pleasure.  Where I don't have to think to hard!

Thank you so much for visiting today.  See you in a fortnight for another wonderful challenge from Penny's.

Stay Safe, Stay Healthy and know you are blessed!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments. Thank you so much!