Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Penny's Challenge #481

 Hey there!  Did you know that today in the USA is National Coffee Day?  I didn't.  But I thought you might like to know.  (useless info that might be a trivia question)  But more importantly it's time for a new challenge over at Penny's Challenge! And as always the challenge is 'anything goes'.  Let me introduce the sponsors for this challenge.

Prize~3 digital images of the winners choice


Prize~3 single images of the winners choice

Aren't these two fabulous as sponsors?  Click the link, head on over and please show some love.  You know the saying, 'Without the sponsors....'

My Image for Challenge #481 is from Sheep Ski Designs.  It is called Bryans Baby Image #87.  This is a wonderful image.  I have used it as a steampunk birthday card main element.  Here we go!


I made the Envelope and card base from American
Craft 12x12.

Background paper is Steampunk Spells, Clock
Works by G45. Mirrored paper by Colorboc. Buttons
and ribbon by Joanns.  Colored with Arteza and 
Prismacolor pencils. Car image print/cut with Silver
Bullet Pro 24".   


The inside background is more Clock Works by
G45.  The plaque is from the Frightful Folly in the
Steampunk Spells by G45.

This is the back.  Also from Frightful Folly by G45.

Now for the story behind the card.  The last 5 years have been very tough for our business called Bob Forrest Engine Rebuilders.  This is a automotive, marine and farm equipment machinist shop.  We fix the actual parts that come out of an engine.  We have been trying to catch up after the last employee decided to quit because of money.  (not enough)  BUT...we have one employee who is the one that just may take over one day.  I can't sing Mikeys praises any higher.  He is apprenticing under Bob and the public loves and respects him.  Nice breath of fresh air.  

So this is his birthday card.  It's in November and I already have his present.  So now you know the rest of the story.

I will see you in another two weeks for another time to share my creation.  Everyone stay safe, stay healthy and know I am sending bright blessings to all.

Much Love,









2 comments:

  1. Oooo, National Coffee Day!! Sounds like my kind of day!! What a stunning card Jana! Mikey sounds like a wonderful person, and this is such a beautiful way to honour him on his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the lovely comment Linda!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments. Thank you so much!